Thursday, December 20, 2012

Merry Christ-- What, the end??

Proverbs 13:19
It is pleasant to see dreams come true, but fools refuse to turn from evil to attain them.


"'...And therefore uncle, though it has never put a scrap of gold or silver in my pocket, I believe that it has done me good and will do me good and I say, God bless it!'
The clerk in the Tank involuntarily applauded...."
From "A Christmas Carol", by Charles Dickens

Charles Dickens was a genius when he wrote A Christmas Carol.  When I was re-watching it, I was thinking about it; An old man whom no one really knew but was afraid of.  Charles himself probably didn't know who Ebenezer was till Charles dumped the three spirits into Scrooge's life.  Then it was revealed to him and us the readers who this lonely Scrooge was and how he had become this way as the ghost of Christmas past revealed his past to us. 
That is what a writer could do if they wanted to find out what happened in a character's life, or who this mysterious character was.  I have a few characters in mind who I do not know who they are or how they act other than a mysterious scene.  A still scene except for the wind blowing.  The children waiting.  A haunting scene that creeped me out a little is what came to me when I was half asleep and then awoke.  I want to find out who these people are!  So what do I do?  Hm...............
...
Type type type
...
Um...
Follow them.  Or at least try to.  A boy with black hair and elf like ears looking both ways in an alley.  Complete stranger to me!  Then he turns and runs off into the alley into the shadows into the darkness.  I'm the only one who noticed him.  Follow him!  My brain screams at me and I run after him but he has disappeared in my head.  He wasn't rich.  He was barefoot wearing brown plain clothes.  Maybe a thief...  maybe not.  Maybe a messenger...
At least I have captured down onto paper what I saw.  I know what my other short story for Christmas is about. :)
I saw the Hobbit.  Excited for Rise of the Guardians and Les Miserables (Lay Mizayrobleh is how you pronounce it so I have heard). 
But Christmas is more than movies and games... 
...
and snow.......... hard to say but it is more than snow (although snow is an amazing symbol in the Bible).
It's when God's amazing plan came into action.  And Satan could do nothing about it.  Except try to get a guy to kill all the babies in the area to kill baby Jesus.  Really people?  Did they really think that the son of God could be so easily killed?
Interesting to think about.....

Yeah the world isn't ending today/tomorrow.  As far as I know.  *cricket cricket*  God made the world to stay for a long time till after the rapture.  The world isn't ending unless God makes it end.  The world can't end unless God makes it end because He made it to end only when He makes it end.  Just like a writer makes his/her story end at just the right moment.

K I'm gonna go to bed and tomorrow do school and bake cookies and lemon bars....  and fooooood........
Oh great now I'm hungry.



2 comments:

  1. That's a very interesting Bible verse at the beginning of your post. I like it.

    I really like how you said what you said here. It is good. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks! I was thinking about dreams and it reminded me of a verse I had read many times before and enjoyed, but I had only enjoyed it because it mentioned "dreams coming true". When I reread it as I was posting it at the top of the post, I realized what it meant. :)

    ReplyDelete