Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Everything Made New

21 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the old heaven and the old earth had disappeared. And the sea was also gone. And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven like a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.
I heard a loud shout from the throne, saying, “Look, God’s home is now among his people! He will live with them, and they will be his people. God himself will be with them. He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever.”
 Revelations 21:1-4

My sister is home again, and it is so odd, it feels like it was a dream that she was ever gone.  And she hasn't changed over the twelve days being gone in our dream land, England, Scotland, and Ireland.  But she ever so wants to go back there again, and take us with her.  And I'd love to once my books are finished.

Our church Youth group, which has been called the Edge for ten years, was shut down for a month.  There had been holes in the walls, lights that didn't work, and furniture that had holes in it so white cotton had been picked out of it and stuffed back in by the teens during small groups.
Today was the day we came back.  I was welcomed in by fellow teens, and I slowed my pace so that I could look around.  Everything was clean.  Black paint shone on the walls with a little shine.  Some of the steps to the second floor which had previously been gray, were now light blue.  One wall was red, most else black.  Things were rearranged, so differently.  Then I went into the auditorium.  They had a new fog machine, for there was fog everywhere.  I smiled.  We went to the front and began singing to God with the music of clean guitars and shining metal drums and keyboards, and young singers my age and older.  Something felt new.  It was as if our purpose was renewed.  The Lord's house was mended.  We felt even more reason to thank our maker.  It was dark, but only so that the lights could shine on us and warm us and help us know the contrast between the two.
I want God to make me new, continually.  He has already done so when I accepted His Son, but I want Him to make me new, with peace and joy and love like a rushing river, a bubbly fountain, and a raging ocean.  That living water flows in my spirit's veins.  I hope you are inspired by this to be new yourself, not to change your personality; nay, but to change how you act, to be more like Christ, His love, His Joy, his peace.  We are called to be peacemakers and yes it will be hard but it will be good when we do make peace.
We are called to love one another even if they are our enemies.  Don't villains love other villains who are nice to them?  And also, we are called to use the Joy of the Lord as our strength, to encourage one another and make them laugh, for laughter is good for us.
God encourage you and give you strength. :)

I wish it would rain again.  Well, you never know what may happen.  Perhaps it may snow as I have been wishing for ever since winter left us.
God bless you.  :D

 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment