Friday, July 6, 2012

One Month to Rule the Pen

 Proverbs 17:1
Better a dry crust with peace and quiet than a house full of feasting, with strife.






     
Okay, I do believe this is the first time I've put an image in a post.  I'm glad to have figured out how to do it.
I only have one month to rule the pen
Before school opens again
To take me into it's clutches to learn.
Thankfully, this year will be different.  I will be meeting new people my age, going to a co-op for a few of my subjects(history, geography, literature, and English).  I feel like I will be an apprentice, like a professor's apprentice in a bookshop or library, learning properly in a hobbit hole(which means comfort, if you have ever read the book).  I am taking a few questions from a blog - this one here - http://katie-writingblog.blogspot.com/2012/07/actually-finishing-something-july_04.html
What is your writing goal?
My writing goal is to finish the first draft of the Fading Story like I should have done by last Christmas.

Tell us about this project. Give us a small synopsis.
It is about a girl and boy on a cold white island who have lost their memory to an Enchantress.  They go on a journey to a magical place to find it again while running from the secretive villain.
  
How long have you been working on this project?
I am not entirely sure.  I have been working on the story for quite a long long time and it has changed drastically from what it used to be.  The character's names were different, there were more characters, and the story's skeleton was the same though everything else was changed a LOT.  Since I was ten, maybe.  

Introduce us to three of your favorite characters in this project.
Melody - she is about twelve where the story begins, on a snowy island.  She is probably the character that is most like me.  She is curious, and when there is another world to be discovered, she would do anything to get there(much like me).  Where there is a strange boy she has never met, she doesn't know how to act at first, so she is a little more straightforward and tough than she would be to someone she knew.

Phil -  He is about fourteen where the story begins on that snowy island.  He has no idea who he is other than his name which was written on his arm.  He's not sure how to accept the world around him at first, because everything is so foreign to his memory.  But when danger arises, he finds he knows how to ride a horse and how to use a knife.  He must have known about it from before.  And he's a little uneasy to find out who he is for fear he would find himself to be a criminal.

Raven - She is a minor character but somehow she got a slightly bigger part in my stories recently.  She is quiet, watching with piercing eyes, about thirteen where we meet her in the Work Wood under the charge of Ruth.  She has a secret, which is why she doesn't talk much.  But when she finds out about Melody and Phil's curious book, she will pull a few strings to learn more.  She reminds me of a fox - secretive and not a trusting sort.

Writing this information about them helped me remember more of who my characters are.  I had to think a bit before I could write. 

How often do you intend to write in order to reach this goal by August first?
Well, on vacation I am bringing my laptop so I will have a bit of time to write some then, and it is summer so I will try to place goals on every day to write some in the book every day till August.  
How will you make your characters behave long enough to finish this goal?
What do you mean by behave?  They're not my children - oh, I guess they are.  Well, if they do something slightly different than what I was expecting and it works well with the story, then I shall congratulate them.  But, I am promising them a happy ending if they Live within the page like they should, growing like a flower would.

Go to page 16 (or 6, 26, or 66!) of your writing project. Pick your favorite line or snippet on the page.
~~~A basket of steaming hot loaves of bread was passed around.  The Enchantress rested on the golden throne.  She ate so mannerly and so proper, that anyone would have thought she was a queen.  And the Lavender dress she wore stood out, along with her ink-black wavy hair.  ~~~ 
Tea or coffee?
Hm.....  coffee smells wonderful, but I'll take tea since coffee makes me tired(I know, quite odd).  Perhaps mocha mint tea or... if I really want to be proper, some cherry tea with some honey and cinnamon, and a little cake/cookie on the side.
 God bless ye all on your journey.  I hope you enjoyed this Fourth of July.  The fireworks were very magical to me, and this one was my favorite of them all thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment